2017 W.O.W. $25 Membership Donations Now Due
Did you know . . .
23.8% of children under 18 in Blackford County live in households that cannot meet their
adequate food, shelter, health, and childcare needs
63% of single mothers with children in Blackford County cannot provide for
adequate food, shelter, health, and childcare?
Your $25 annual membership donation goes directly to the programs and projects that can help support these local women and children. In fact, over the past five years, 60% of your W.O.W. donations have gone to families and senior citizens who often struggle with basic needs; 40% has provided extras to young people under the age of 18 to enhance their learning. Learn more about those projects here.
Interested in Membership?
The organization is open to any of woman who has a special interest in helping the women and children of this county. The only requirement is a donation of $25 dollars per year, which is tax deductible. This donation goes directly to specific grant proposals that fund local projects benefiting women and children. As a member,
- You are invited to attend one meeting each year.
- You are NOT asked to join committees or raise additional funds (minimal time commitment).
- You may attend the annual meeting that is held at Lake Placid Conference Center in the fall.
- At the annual meeting, you will review, vote on and award grants.
- You may encourage the nonprofit groups and agencies that serve women and children living in Blackford County to submit Grant Applications that will be due in late summer each year and submitted to the Blackford County Community Foundation office.
If you wish to join the other 250 women of Blackford County growing a legacy in this community, you may send in your donation or give online specifying “Women of Worth” in the Purpose line of the donation box. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or the Foundation at:
121 N. High Street
P.O. Box 327
Hartford City, IN 47348