Applying for a Scholarship as a College Student
Each year the Blackford County Community Foundation awards scholarships to local students who
- have completed at least one year of a college or technical school program, or
- are entering a college or technical school program at least one year after completing high school.
POST-SECONDARY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Applications due June 6, 2019
To be eligible for a scholarship award for the 2018-2019 academic year, an applicant must:
- Be a legal resident of Blackford County, IN;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or greater through Spring Term 2018;
- Not be a recipient of a Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship;
- Understand that awards are for tuition and mandatory fees, not room and board; and
- Understand that all required information must be provided.
Each scholarship is granted for a one-year period. An annual application for renewal is required; however, submission of an application does not guarantee receipt of an award.
Scholarship Available for Montpelier-Harrison Twp. Education Majors
Each spring college students from the Montpelier or Harrison Township area are invited to apply for the Sellers Family Memorial Scholarship available through the Wells County Foundation, Inc. An applicant
- Must be a graduate of Blackford High School;
- Must have been a resident of Montpelier or Harrison Township at the time of graduation from high school;
- Must have completed at least one year of full-time study at an accredited college or university;
- Must have a collegiate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale; and
- Must have declared a major in primary elementary education or vocal music education and plan to enter the teaching profession.