2018 Application Process
NOTE: The 2018 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship will again be awarded in December, i.e., 4 months earlier than in most previous years due to changes in the selection process at the Lilly Endowment.
Completed applications due September 5, 2017
at the Blackford County Community Foundation office
Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Information
The purpose of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana and to leverage further the ability of Indiana’s community foundations to enhance the quality of life of the state’s residents.
Blackford County Community Foundation, Inc. is nominating one student to receive the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship in 2018. This award provides
- full tuition
- required fees, and
- up to $900.00 for required books and equipment
- for four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree
- at a North Central Association-accredited Indiana private or public college or university.
- be Blackford County residents
- be high school graduates by the end of June 2018
- be graduates of a regionally accredited Indiana high school,
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) and
- have a minimum combined SAT Score (Critical Reading, Math and Writing) of 1500 or minimum ACT Composite Score of 21.
In addition to the online application available above, printed applications are available at the Blackford High School Guidance Office and at the office of the Blackford County Community Foundation.
Blackford County Community Foundation, Inc.
121 North High Street
P.O. Box 327
Hartford City, IN 47348