Your Donor Goals
When your family, your business or an organization you support sets up funds with the Blackford County
Community Foundation, you are launching a fund that will last for several years or even forever. As a donor, you can
- Provide funds for community projects or charities or scholarships that match your charitable interests;
- Honor your loved ones and remember them for many years to come if you create a named community fund or a scholarship fund;
- Leave the legal and financial administration of the fund to the Foundation, including accounting, auditing, financial management, making grants and due diligence in regard to any grants made from the fund, and providing receipts for any donations;
- Rest assured that the Foundation will perform these administrative functions while always keeping to your philanthropic and financial goals.
By assuming the administrative responsibility, the Blackford County Community Foundation frees you from legal and financial paperwork, giving you the time to take pleasure in the rewards of charitable giving to your own specific interests.
A Donor’s Options
You Decide When to Give
You can create a fund now, establish it in your will, or create it through a trust arrangement that benefits your family as well as charity. You may give in honor of an anniversary, in memory of a loved one, to celebrate a special event or to support a cause. Tax deductions are earned at the time of your gift. Grants awarded from your fund will continue into the future.
You Decide What to Give
- Outright Gifts Almost any kind of asset can be used to establish your fund, such as cash, publicly traded securities, closely held stock, real estate, life insurance, tangible personal property and private foundation assets.
- Other Gift Options Other options are available that would increase your tax advantage and perhaps also provide a fixed income for loved ones; these options include bequests, charitable lead trusts, charitable gift annuities, life insurance, and pension benefits, for example.
You Choose the Name of the Fund
Many of our funds are named for the donor, the donor’s family, or as a memorial to someone special. Every grant from the fund will reflect this fund name. If a you prefer anonymity, you may choose a name that reflects the fund’s charitable purposes.